Sunday, August 12, 2007

True friends!

I had the privileged to spend a day with good friends at a cook-out. It was one of those rare times when you know you are in the company of those like yourself. Our conversations were varied, sometimes serious but mostly funny and informative. We were all women, yet it didn't turn into a "cat fest"! We have a lot of respect for one another, and we know that our conversations are held in high regard and not to be passed on as trivial gossip. Too many women engage in gossiping behavior, and I am thankful that we all choose not to have that attitude.
We affirm and support each other. Some of us have moved on to other jobs and of course I am retired. I was most interested in seeing my friends, because I missed the day to day interactions we had when we all worked together. These are good people and I am blessed to know them and to call them my friends. We plan to get together in the near future, but in the meantime, I am just going to enjoy the memories of the day we had together.

No comments: